Guide to Social Media
Social networking is a phenomenon – social media has now become a standard recognisable method of communication in the 21st Century. Not everyone has either access to or the skills to operate via this platform. Nevertheless, our responsibility as adults is to share the joys and benefits of its use whilst highlighting the hidden dangers.
As a school we actively encourage the use of social media for its benefits and positive elements, and as such we use it as a way of immediately connecting with our stakeholders and you as parents / carers. We expect everyone communicating with or about the school to share our stance on this.
Regrettably the volume of incidents relating to the misuse of internet / email / social media across the world continues to grow. Therefore we encourage you to understand social media and to help educate your children in what is and what is not deemed acceptable use.
We take seriously any misuse of social media affecting Moorfield Primary School and its stakeholders, and will take appropriate action in response where deemed necessary.
- Apps and Sites to be aware of
- Instagram Guidance
- SnapChat Guidance
- A parents' guide to Facebook
- A guide to using Facebook safely
- How to set up Facebook privacy settings
- A guide to online gaming safety
- How to set up Youtube safety settings
- How to set up i-pad safety settings
- How to set up Blackberry safety settings